December 8, 2012

RS #40



Talk about to the wire.  I have been battling this nasty flu bug all week and energy levels are zero.  That being said I have never missed a RetroSketches sketch since the beginning and i wasn't going to pass up on this week's amazing sketch.

I need to be up early tomorrow my daughter has a cheer leading competition--Cheer for the Cause.  All of the girls are adorning pink Breast Cancer ribbons.  All the money raised is going to help the fight for Breast Cancer.




All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock:  White
Patterned paper: Pure Poppy Bitty Dot Basics, Text Style Sugar Plum
Stamps: Santa's Coming to Town
Ink:  Real Red (Stampin' Up)
Dies: 2011 Heirloom Ornaments (Spellbinders)
other: foam tape, pure poppy saddle stitch ribbon, red button (Basic Grey), button twine

13 comments :

Marybeth said...

The most beautiful card ever Tracey!!!!!!!!! WOW....love this !
That being said.....I am so sorry you have not been feeling well.

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hope you feel better soon Tracey. This is such a beautiful take on the sketch! The white space at the bottom really balances the card wonderfully!

Lynn said...

Oh no...oh no...I hope the flu is gone very soon! I love your take on this sketch! It's beyond awesome Tracey!

The Paper Parade said...

What a great take on this sketch!! I love how the ornament is so big and the little strip of ribbon comes out of the side :)

Lisa Elton said...

Sorry you're still under the weather Tracey and a busy weekend on top of that. Hope you're feeling back to yourself soon. Your card is marvelous! Love those pretty DPs in the background and your beautiful ornament! The button and ribbon tab are perfect touches ;)

Joyce said...

So sorry that you are still sick. Not too sick to make a card, so I am glad that you have your priorities straight. This is absolutely stunning. That huge ornament makes a striking focal point, and I love your choice of colors and patterned papers.

Laurie said...

OH this makes me smile! I love the card and the colors! Just beautiful!

I hope you get to feeling better soon! Sending hugs and prayers your way!

Karen B. said...

Love those patterned paper panels behind the gorgeous ornament.

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
Those papers are perfect for that perfect bauble...
what a beautiful take on the sketch! :)
Hope you're feeling better...
the flu...
uugghhhh!! :(

Kelly Griglione said...

Ummm, love this! Your colors and patterns are perfect! Hope you're feeling better by now : )

Kim S said...

The ornament is stunning! I love the simple background papers that you have used!

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card. Love the pattern papers you chose. This sketch stumped me. You did an awesome job as usual. that button & ribbon is perfect.

Jean said...

Love the ornament and papers you chose ~ and perfect stamping too!