February 1, 2014

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Cuppa Cocoa


IMG_3677


photo credit: aerie by American Eagle

We have a fabulous new sponsor, My Favorite Things, for the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Cuppa Cocoa challenge!  The LEAD of this challenge will receive a $20 gift certificate to use at My Favorite Things!


Believe it or not these are the first sheets of paper I have removed from my Basic Grey Persimmon paper pad.  I was late getting this collection and it was time to get cracking on Christmas so this week's challenge seemed the perfect time to use some of this fabulous paper.  I paper pieced my cup of cocoa and added some fussy cut marshmallows on the side.


tracey_CC14 (2)


You won't want to miss what our special guests and crew have whipped up for Cuppa Cocoa!

Cuppa Cocoa Designers



Cardstock: Rustic Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Persimmon (Basic Grey)
Stamps: Be a Barista, Sweet Thing (Reverse Confetti) Hot Hot Hot (Fresh Squeezed Stamps)
Ink: Soft Suede (Stampin' Up)
Dies: Stitched Mats, Stitched Squares (Lil' Inker)

30 comments :

Anita in France said...

These papers are so lovely, Tracey ... love those sweet popped up marshmallows! Anita :)

Alanna said...

Super cute card Tracey. I love the addition of the marshmallows.

Lisa Elton said...

Super card Tracey! I love the paper you used on the cup and those little marshmallows are so stinkin cute!!

~amy~ said...

iSpy Persimmon....looks fabulous Tracey!

Lynn said...

Love those adorable marshmallows...awesome paper piecing Tracey!

Bobby said...

mmmm makes me want to take a sip. ;)

Annette Allen said...

awesome birthday card.. i love that background paper..

Cathy Weber said...

Super cute winter birthday card Tracey...love the little marshmallows on the side. This will be a fun challenge to play along with...I need to get going on it!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

What a great card!

Virginia L. said...

How AWESOME, Tracey! Your design is just as sophisticated as the inspiration photo! Love it so much!

Happy Dance said...

Perfect use of those dps, Tracey! Love that little cup, and those little marsha-mallows are just the sweetest. Definitely want to try to play along. Great card. Bev

Joyce said...

This is just adorable, and I love the papers you chose. That really is a fabulous pad. Cute paper piecing--and I cannot believe I missed Curtain Call again. I'll try to play this time.

Marisa said...

Great papers and love the paper pieced mug!

Lyndal said...

Tracey, you're making me crave a hot chocolate!!!

Stacey Schafer said...

gorgeous, Tracey! how do you do that paper piecing SO perfectly?!

Janet's Joy said...

Beautiful papers and card!

Kim Heggins said...

Tracey...this is just too darn cute! I love your little marshmallows, they look good enough to eat! And that cork for your hot cocoa, so creative and fun! I love that stamp set!

Joni Andaya said...

Gorgeous Cocoa!!! Love the masculine feel Tracey!!! Love it!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love this, but I love all coffee creations ;)

Sheri Gilson said...

Fab card, Tracey! Love the papers and how you paper pieced your cuppa...great masculine design too!

Unknown said...

Love your choice of pattern papers. Another fabulous design!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous papers for a cup o' cocoa and I love those little marshmallows!

Barb Ghig said...

I love your choice of patterned papers and your design is so charming! Beautiful card, Tracey!

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous paper piecing, Tracey! Love those marshmallows :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Tracey. Love the paper-pieced cup and the prints on the papers.

Lindsey said...

As if this wasn't cute enough, those marshmallows on the side just throw it over the top. Love you you paper pieced this. Your cards make me happy every time I look at them!

Sarah Gough said...

Now you've started, you won't be able to put that paper down! Love this!

Sharron said...

Wow-those papers are fabulous! Love that you paper pieced the cup and added the little marshmallows--so sweet!

cm said...

I'll echo those who are more 'prompt' with their comments: beautiful papers, eye-catching image. And the trio of little marshmallows = perfect special touch!
c

Laura Davis said...

Such a cute card!
Laura